Published on August 24th, 2015 | by octaneblue1
Nintendo’s Release Schedule for Fall & Holiday 2015 Announced
Wondering when your most anticipated games for the Wii U and 3DS are launching this year? Nintendo of America has just announced the release dates of several first-party games, amiibo, bundles, and some third-party games as well. Check out this roadmap of releases that Nintendo just released (click to view the full-size version):
Nintendo has provided a few more details for these releases:
First-Party Games (Wii U)
* Super Mario Maker launches on September 11, 2015 for $59.99. A special Super Mario Maker Wii U Bundle, exclusive to Walmart stores and Walmart.com, launches on the same day. The bundle includes the game, an idea book, the 30th Anniversary Mario Modern Color amiibo. The MSRP for the bundle is $299.96.
* Yoshi’s Woolly World launches on October 16, 2015 for $49.99. A bundle will also be available on that date that includes the Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo for $59.99. The Blue Yarn Yoshi amiibo and Pink Yarn Yoshi amiibo will also be available on that date, retailing for $16.99 each.
* New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U also launches on October 16, 2015, for $59.99. This is a combo pack that contains two previously-released games.
* Fatal Frame: Maiden of the Black Water launches exclusively on the Wii U eShop on October 22, 2015 for $49.99. The game is free-to-start however, allowing players to play the game’s first chapter and most of the second chapter for free. The full game can be purchased as DLC on the eShop or from the in-game menu.
* Star Fox Zero launches on November 20, 2015 for $59.99. The game’s box art officially confirms that it does have amiibo support; however, additional details have not been revealed at this time.
* Xenoblade Chronicles X launches on December 4, 2015 for $59.99.
* Devil’s Third launches on December 11, 2015 for $59.99.
* Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival and the Animal Crossing amiibo figures for Isabelle, Digby, K.K. Slider, Reese, Cyrus, Tom Nook, Mable, and Lottie launch in Holiday 2015.
* Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash launches in Holiday 2015.
Third-Party Games (Wii U)
* Runbow (13AM Games) launches on the eShop on August 27, 2015. Those who participated in the Nindies@Home promotion will receive a 15% discount off the game’s regular price of $14.99.
* Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition (Disney Interactive) launches on August 30, 2015. The Starter Pack retails for $64.99.
* Skylanders SuperChargers (Activision) launches on September 20, 2015. The Starter Pack retails for $74.99, and the Wii U version includes Turbo Charge Donkey Kong as an exclusive guest character. The figure doubles as both a Skylander and an amiibo.
* LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) launches on September 27, 2015. The Starter Pack retails for $99.99, with additional Level, Team, and Fun Packs available for $29.99, $24.99, and $14.99, respectively.
* Guitar Hero Live (Activision) launches on October 20, 2015 for $99.99.
* Just Dance 2016 (Ubisoft) launches on October 20, 2015 for $49.99.
* Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) has a physical version for the Wii U launching in October. The MSRP is $24.99.
First-Party Games (3DS)
* Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer launches on September 25, 2015 for $39.99. The Animal Crossing amiibo Cards launch on the same day, with a pack of six cards retailing for $5.99 per pack. The game comes with one amiibo Card. The digital version of the game on the eShop includes an exclusive Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer HOME Menu Theme for the 3DS instead of an amiibo Card. Also launching on Sept. 25 is an Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer bundle that includes the game, one amiibo Card, and the Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer; the bundle retails for $59.99. The NFC Reader can also be purchased separately for $19.99.
* Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash launches on October 9, 2015 for $29.99. A Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash bundle is available on the same day that includes the Chibi-Robo amiibo; this bundle retails for $39.99.
* The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes launches on October 23, 2015 for $39.99.
* YO-KAI WATCH launches on November 6, 2015 for $39.99.
* Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon launches on November 20, 2015 for $39.99.
Third-Party Games (3DS)
* Skylanders SuperChargers Racing (Activision) launches on September 20, 2015, with the Starter Pack retailing for $64.99. A Wii version of the game launches on the same date for the same price. The 3DS and Wii versions of the game exclusively include Hammer Slam Bowser as a guest character. As with Turbo Charge Donkey Kong, Hammer Slam Bowser doubles as a Skylander and an amiibo.
* Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) has a physical version for the 3DS launching in October, retailing for $24.99.
* The Mii Fighter 3-Pack from the Super Smash Bros. line, which includes the Mii Gunner, Mii Swordfighter, and Mii Brawler, launches on November 1, 2015 at an MSRP of $34.99.
* The Mewtwo amiibo, also from the Super Smash Bros. line, launches on November 13, 2015 for $12.99.
* Mega Yarn Yoshi, a giant-sized version of the Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo that includes the same functionality, launches on November 15, 2015 for $39.99.
* The Falco amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. line launches on November 20, 2015, the same day as Star Fox Zero. The MSRP is $12.99.
* Effective August 20, the Nintendo 2DS will permanently drop in price from $129.99 to $99.99. The handheld is available with a free download code for Mario Kart 7.
R.I.P. wallets. What games are you looking forward to this year on the Wii U and 3DS? Let us know in the comments section!
Source: Nintendo Press Room (login required)