Published on June 13th, 2016 | by octaneblue0
E3 2016 – Sony Conference Live Blog & Summary
Welcome to my live blog / summary of Sony’s E3 2016 conference! I’ll update this post as news is announced! Please forgive typos and such; I’ll fix all those once the conference is over!
* The conference begins with an orchestra and choir. Interesting!
* Turns out the song is from the new God of War, which is being shown now!
* Kratos has a beard! And the game now uses an over-the-shoulder perspective. Kratos is shown traveling with his young son, and the two are fighting against a big troll. After he’s gone, Kratos helps his son shoot a deer with an arrow.
* Apparently this is just being called God of War. Unclear if this is a sequel or reboot.
* A tribute to Orlando is brought up next. I’m really glad that companies are offering their condolences at E3 today.
* Days Gone from Bend Studios is shown next, with a gorgeous trailer for The Last Guardian afterward. The game is looking really nice.
* It’s been a long time coming, but we have an official release date! The Last Guardian will launch on October 25, 2016.
* Gameplay of Horizon: Zero Dawn, which was revealed last year, is up next. The protagonist is shown using a slingshot and traps against some robot enemies. The game will have multiple choices with its dialogue. The protagonist is also shown reprogramming a bull mech, using it to ride through a mountain path to a village.
* Detroit: Become Human, from developer Quantic Dream, features an android protagonist named Connor that works as a detective. Like Heavy Rain, there are multiple choices you can take in the story that affects the plot. Multiple scenarios were shown in the trailer, resulting in vastly different events.
* Next up is gameplay of a first-person PlayStation VR title. And it looks really creepy so far…
* Whoa… the game was actually Resident Evil 7?! It’s set to launch on January 24, 2017. You can play the demo right now!
* PlayStation VR launches in North America on October 13, 2016 for $399. The launch window will have at least 50 games!
* A teaser trailer for Farpoint is shown. I honestly don’t know what was going on here, but it seemed to take place on Mars.
* Star Wars for PlayStation VR! It’s called Star Wars Battlefront: X-Wing VR Mission.
* A Batman title is teased for October 2016, titled Batman: Arkham VR. From the #WearTheCowl hashtag, it seems like you’ll be Batman this time!
* Final Fantasy XV VR Experience is heading to PlayStation VR as well!
* Gameplay of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is shown next. It actually looks very different from previous titles (in a good way). Launches on November 4, 2016.
* Sony and Activision are teaming up to remaster the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy for PlayStation 4! But in October, Crash will appear in Skylanders Imaginators!
* LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is up next. It looks very cute! The game uses dialogue straight from the film but of course has some wacky LEGO moments.
* Hideo Kojima is on stage! He’s showing his new game, Death Stranding. The game features the likeness of Norman Reedus.
* A Spider-Man title from Insomniac Games is on the way for PlayStation 4!
* A live gameplay demonstration of Days Gone is up next. Looks like it’s in a post-apocalyptic setting. The protagonist is shown shooting at, and running from, a massive horde of zombie-like creatures.
* After a trailer that showcased many of the titles shown tonight, as well as a few more, that’s a wrap on Sony’s E3 2016 conference!